On December 13, 2014 at approximately 1:00 am a female student reported to ASU Police that she had been inappropriately touched by a known male acquaintance in a residence hall room.
Anyone with information regarding a crime is encouraged to call the ASU Police Department at 262-2150, or you may also report crimes anonymously at http://www.police.appstate.edu/crime-tip-submission-form
Tips for keeping safe:
- Recognize that your sexual needs do not give you the right to do whatever you want. Any sexual activity should be mutually desired and totally consensual.
- Know what consent to sexual activity means.
- Appalachian defines Consent as: clear, knowing, voluntary, and sober permission, through words or actions, for another individual to do something that affects the individual giving consent.
- Consent is based on choice and must be informed, freely and actively given, and mutually understandable, ndicating a willingness to participate in mutually agreed upon sexual activity.
- Remember sexual activity without consent is a violation of the Code of Student Conduct and if a person is found responsible could result in suspension or expulsion from the university.
Visit: http://appcares.appstate.edu/ for more information.
Notification of certain crimes to the campus community is required by federal law.